Is my Script Blocker interfering with my Firewall?

Python33 20:14 24 Dec 2006

i recently upgraded my antivirus software & this has scriptblocker. since then i cant upgrade my zonealarm firewall software, is the scriptblocker stopping this? & call me thick but What is scriptblocker?

VoG II 20:16 24 Dec 2006

Which anti-virus software?

Scriptblocker presumably blocks scripts (program code not in an .exe but as code such as .vbs).

VoG II 20:21 24 Dec 2006

via e-mail

the Antivirus is Advast Pro!

=========================================

In future please respond using the Post Response box at the bottom of this page. The yellow envelope is for invited personal messages.

Belatucadrus 23:48 24 Dec 2006

click here

"The resident protection of the Professional Edition includes an additional module, not contained in the Home Edition, called Script Blocker. This module watches all scripts being executed in the operating system (so-called WSH scripts - Windows Scripting Host click here ), and scans all the scripts run as a part of a web page within your web browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator and Mozilla)."

I wouldn't have thought the script blocker would be responsible, though as I use the free version I don't have the avast script blocker, I use ScripTrap instead and it's never caused a problem.

Python33 23:58 24 Dec 2006

the zone alarm may be damaged due to a ghostsurf software had installed & removed. i hoped it wasnt the advast system as it is very good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache