Is my router on the way out

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:36 12 Nov 2006

Hello
I have a BT Voyager 2100 and for the last year it has worked flawlessly. Recently the indicator (5bars)has begun to flash showing as few as 1 bar in the box, this does not happen all the time but rather in the odd mad moment. The speed fluctuates as well down from 54 to as low as 36 Mbps. Previously it was always 54Mbps with an excellent signal strength. I am about to get a free upgrade to 8meg and I don't want to jeopardise the sync process.

mgmcc 08:56 13 Nov 2006

Is it possible that you are experiencing interference from some newly installed device, in particular a cordless phone, or is there a mobile phone too close to the router or wireless adapter? Microwave ovens are also a source of interference, although unlikely to be in continuous use.

Ashrich 19:10 13 Nov 2006

Any new wireless networks in your area , might be using the same wireless channel , click here and download , run , and check the channels of anyone nearby .

Ashley

Ashrich 19:11 13 Nov 2006

Forgot to say that if you do find any nearby try to move your wireless channel as far away from them as possible .

Ashley

Ashrich 01:11 14 Nov 2006

So what corrected the problem HVR ?

Ashley

Hertz Van Rentyl 12:14 14 Nov 2006

Changed back to channel 1 even though getting a weak signal on same channel from across the road.
Did change to channel 6 but this caused the effect it seems. Wireless is sometimes perverse it seems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?