Is my router dead?

Picklefactory 19:57 22 Nov 2010

Good evening folks.
I have a feeling it is, but thought I'd check for advice just go case.
OK, I have a Netgear WGR614 v9 but it has stopped working. There is no power light or internet light, except whilst I'm pressing the reset button, but the number 3 port light is lit. As mentioned, the power light will light as I'm pressing the reset switch, but goes out again as soon as I release it.
Powering off or reseting has no effect.
I'm on Virgin cable, cable modem seems OK, router is plugged via ethernet to desktop.
Anyone seen this before?
Thanks folks

northumbria61 20:27 22 Nov 2010

For "Starters" - See if there is anything here that will point you in the right direction click here

Picklefactory 20:39 22 Nov 2010

Thanks for that, I already tried that, as I always do, but as yet have not found anything specifically like my issue.

northumbria61 20:40 22 Nov 2010

You could take up the issue with Netgear Support - click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:41 22 Nov 2010

power off at wall socket and hold reset button for 30 secs

switch back on at wall socket and see if it powers on correctly

Picklefactory 20:45 22 Nov 2010

Thanks for that, I already tried that, as I always do, but as yet have not found anything specifically like my issue.

Picklefactory 20:49 22 Nov 2010

Picklefactory 20:51 22 Nov 2010

Sorry for duplicate posts, having to use mobile due to no router, seem to have some issues here too.

Thanks again, but 30 second reset didn't do it either.

Picklefactory 20:52 22 Nov 2010

Sorry for duplicate posts, having to use mobile due to no router, seem to have some issues here too.

Thanks again, but 30 second reset didn't do it either.

woodchip 21:28 22 Nov 2010

First thing to try is a new or known working Power Supply for the router.

Picklefactory 07:55 23 Nov 2010

Not sure what you mean though, do you mean the mains adapter? If so, I don't think I have another that will fit this, I'm at work now, but I will check later. There is power getting to the router as the number 3 port light stays lit all the time, but it won't boot. If I disconnect the router for however long, 30 second reset, doesn't matter, when I reconnect I get instantly number 3 port lit and no boot sequence. The router is 2 years old now, to be honest I haven't had one last much longer than that, or am I just unlucky. My Linksys one prior to this Netgear also lasted 2 years

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?