My router at brothers house will it work on his?

KorgY 16:24 06 Jul 2009

Hello,

My brother has recently (4 weeks) gone to tesco internet, and received a thomson router. He hasn't been able to connect all weekend (he rang tech support etc) so he brought the router to my house, and it doesn't work.

However, I have an old BelkinG router that I used before my Btinternet Hub came, and i am currently on that now. I wondered if my brother could take that home with him, and have it working straight away?(he knows nothing about networks etc), or are there other things to consider (LAN set up etc), and should I RESET the router?, so when he gets it home, he can start from a fresh/default router?.

Thank you.

KorgY

mgmcc 20:41 06 Jul 2009

Yes, your brother should be able to set up your Belkin router to work with his ADSL service. It is possible that the only settings he needs to change are the Username & Password in order to connect to his own service.

L8-tian 20:46 06 Jul 2009

Hi koygY

Got your question. if your brother take the router to his home,He has to reconfigure the router according to the settings provided by his ISP(Internet service provider TESCO). You can very well reset the router.So your brother can configure his own settings.

Thank you

L8ians

KorgY 20:52 06 Jul 2009

ok, thanks for the replies. he's took it now, so will see how he goes on.

thank you.

KorgY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone