My Radeon X1950

L o s t 16:34 13 Oct 2006

Hi everyone... I'm still having terrible trouble with my new graphics card. Everything is fine right up until I attempt to run a game...

Doing this automatically puts the whole PC into restart mode...? Very annoying. I have installed the drivers that came with it... It's just getting the games to work now.

L o s t 17:00 13 Oct 2006

Can nobody help me please? I want to play my games but can't. :(

L o s t 17:46 13 Oct 2006

Help really would be appreciated.

jimv7 17:59 13 Oct 2006

Have you checked if there are any new drivers for your card.

L o s t 19:02 13 Oct 2006

Yeah, their is the Catalyst 6.9, but I've been reading alot of forums and people are having problems with this including myself. Apparently it isn't compatib;e with the X1950. :(

sil_ver 19:04 13 Oct 2006

You might try and update your Motherboard chipset drivers by going to the chipset mfr site not Mobo

L o s t 19:10 13 Oct 2006

What will that do?

sil_ver 19:14 13 Oct 2006

I had trouble playing games and it was because the chipset drivers needed updating. One of the chips is for video the other for sound. Updating will install both drivers but you may need to uninstall the original drivers first via Add/Remove

STREETWORK 19:20 13 Oct 2006

OK you have a problem.

1. First uninstall any drivers and software using add/remove programms in control panel that relate to the ATI card.

2. Uninstall the drivers for the card, this can be done by going into device manager from control panel-system - advanced. Here you will see the display adapter, delete it.

4. Reboot your PC and if windows starts to load any drivers, cancel it. Windows will load a generic VGA driver and the screen may not be very good, this is temporary.

5. Insert the disk which came with the card, if you do not have this you will need to download the drivers from ATI, you will need the win xp drivers for your card and always choose the latest ones. Download these to a folder, you can make one on your desktop and call it 'ATI'.

6. Either load the drivers from any disk you have for the card, or double click the downloaded ones. This will then install the drivers.

7. Reboot the PC and windows will use the drivers you have reinstalled.

If all goes well you have fixed it, if not on ATI website you will find a Driver Removal Tool. Download this and run it.

Then run steps 6 and 7 again...

L o s t 21:39 13 Oct 2006

Thank you for your help, but it doesn't seem to have helped... :( I can't locate the Driver Removal Tool?

sil_ver 23:19 13 Oct 2006

This has had a good write up on a forum click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone