my printer is working itself

nonowtatall 11:57 01 Mar 2011

I have a brother dcp-310cn printer and it keeps stopping half way then this winow comes on saying autoplay with a green dottet line going along i then have to re-instate my drivers to get to work and it wont print from emails or the internet any ideas

Nontek 12:04 01 Mar 2011

Try uninstalling it completely, using click here following these instructions exactly ...
During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses.
After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

Then re-install your printer.

nonowtatall 13:03 01 Mar 2011

tried all of that and still have auto play coming on have even downloaded the firmware upgrade

Nontek 13:29 01 Mar 2011

click here

Have a look through these FAQ's .....

nonowtatall 13:47 01 Mar 2011

I have looked through all of the faq and the one that is standing out is the Brother status monitor it shows a printer with a green background as the faq but in print next to it (no device) but it shows in my printers and control panel I have tried again and it starts printing then stops and auto play comes up then it pushes out the paper half printed so what is this autoplay thing

woodchip 14:29 01 Mar 2011

Ther is a big difference in it stopping and

my printer is working itself
Please clarify which

nonowtatall 19:41 01 Mar 2011

In this neck of the woods we use that saying what happens is that i start printing and it stops and this annoying autoplay comes on so what is causing that also it wont print from a usb memory stick or pdf files unless i load them into the computer first sometimes i copy and paste into word from e mails to print

woodchip 19:49 01 Mar 2011

Do you mean you plug USB stick in Printer and it will find or print from it? have you tried with it disconnected from PC. So that you may no more what is happening

lotvic 20:10 01 Mar 2011

I think the problem is with Window 'Autoplay' feature.
Can you confirm that you are using the memory stick ports on the printer for your usb and/flash drive/sdcard?
If so then windows explorer will also be trying to read them, hence the Autoplay window coming up.

You could disable the Windows Autoplay for those drives/ports on the printer.
In 'My Computer' in righthand pane rightclick on drive letter, choose properties > Autoplay tab > choose action > 'Take no action'

nonowtatall 21:02 01 Mar 2011

I put the memory sticks in the computer not the printer maybes the windows autoplay drivers are trying to take over and cause the conflict

Nontek 21:05 01 Mar 2011

I put the memory sticks in the computer not the printer .......

You have just answered your own question - it is the computers Auto-run at work on the memory stick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?