My Postings still up the creek?

Kate B 21:34 05 Oct 2005

I've tried several times over the past few days to get at My Postings with no luck. Still the same old problem?

Skills 21:46 05 Oct 2005

IT has been very slow access times for me but it has eventually got there. Its been like that for me since it was brought back online.

The rest of the site is running well thou

Diodorus Siculus 21:46 05 Oct 2005

No particular problems - somewhat slow at times but ok in the main.

byfordr 21:47 05 Oct 2005

I get into them...a bit slow. Also I can select a old posting but the info inside has gone.

R

Chegs ® 22:31 05 Oct 2005

I found they get slightly faster the further back you go,but then around midway back it goes back to ssllooowwww.

wee eddie 22:37 05 Oct 2005

I think that "View your Postings" has been hogging resources and has been the cause of the sites problems for quite a while.

billyliv 00:33 06 Oct 2005

Hi All, I remember a few years back Forum ED saying that the 'My posting' folder on his server was causing lots of problems. I invited the ED. to delete all my postings to help aleviate the prob. but nothing was done. Perhaps this is the problem. Cheers, Bill.L.

johnnyrocker 00:44 06 Oct 2005

not a prob here got access in seconds.

johnny.

josie mayhem 01:02 06 Oct 2005

mine is sluggish but does get there!

LastChip 01:33 06 Oct 2005

It seems this is an area that still has to be fixed. Like the rest of you, sometimes it takes forever to load the page.

The trouble is, from a troubleshooting perspective, it's intermittent. One time you will click on it and it's almost instantaneous; another time you can go and make a cup of tea and still nothings happened. On occasions, it simply wont load at all. But I would rather have it in it's present state, than not have it at all.

CurlyWhirly 05:21 06 Oct 2005

It's a bit unpredictable as LastChip states above but at least the forum threads are opening okay most of the time.

I think that someone mentioned that the 'View your postings' database goes back 25 pages, well IMHO this may be a bit too much data to access for the server, so if it only went back to (say) 10 pages, this would still give you a reference for your latest threads while, hopefully, speeding the operation up with less chance of getting timed-out. Just a thought ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone