my pictures on screensaver

tricia321 17:46 22 Dec 2006

I have my pictures album as a screensaver but pictures I have long ago deleted have kept on coming up. how do I delete these pictures permanantly from my system? thanks

skidzy 19:39 22 Dec 2006

Do you have the Google Picasa installed ?

If so make sure they are deleted from there as well.

Are your pictures saved in My Pictures or some camera software.You may need to delete them from both locations if that is the case.

tricia321 08:31 23 Dec 2006

Thanks skidsy for your response, no I dont have google whatever you call it installed and all my pictures are or were on my hard disc abut some were deleted as I said but the deleted ones as well as the ones that I have kept are still coming up. any suggestions as to stopping them?merr christmas to all by the way.

SLAYER 08:42 23 Dec 2006

Try Start/Search/Pictures,music or video, this should tell you where they are so you can delete them.

and a merry Christmas to you.

skidzy 11:49 23 Dec 2006

I would assume you may have duplicate folders containing these pictures somewhere on your harddrive,follow Slayer's advice of using the windows search function and deleting from there.

Also check all folders whether in My Pictures/My Documents/My Received files etc...check everywhere.
This does sound like a duplicate folder.

If you had these pictures on a memory card and loaded them to the pc,its quite possible if you did not format the card and have taken more photo's you have loaded the same pictures again creating a duplicate folder though with newer pictures.
Normally you would have been warned that the file already exists.
However if you ticked the box ignore or something similar,all the previous pictures would load again...therefore given you a duplicate folder but containing the old images.

Maybe an easier way is to download Google's Picasa,this will scan your harddrive for any images.From there you can decide either to save them or delete them from the harddrive.

Google Picasa2 click here its free

tricia321 11:54 23 Dec 2006

thanks for all your responses. I tried the start menu and did a search for pictures and found a lot of them duplicated and some of them still on my hard disc that were hidden, I deleted them from there and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks again and you all have a lovely christmas.

jack 14:54 23 Dec 2006

By default all pictures are stored in My Documents/My pictures.
some programs like picassa will make a link to this place and thus keep putting up the same images.
The screen saver will copy immages from the default storage and place the copies in the root of Windows
folder on 'C' drive. So it is from here you need to delete them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?