my pictures

Doberman 10:53 28 Aug 2006

Help!!! I had several pictures in " my pictures" which I wanted to delete . I highlighted the relevant photos and clicked the delete this folder button on the left hand side. However it keeps producing copies and the my pictures folder is now overrun with pictures ( some are up to copy 13!)I am worried they will take over my computer. I'm sure there is some simple explanation. Any thoughts?

alex22 11:13 28 Aug 2006

the reason is because when you highlight them and move your move to highlight another one if you slip your hand while highlighting another picture it copys all of the files.

alex22 11:13 28 Aug 2006

sorry it sounds rather complicated

rodriguez 11:25 28 Aug 2006

Select all the ones you want to delete and press Ctrl + D to go straight to the delete option without having to mess about with the menus. I sometimes slip when trying to delete stuff and it copies shortcuts instead and I have to delete them as well.

Eastender 11:26 28 Aug 2006

Yes that's it, release the mouse button before you move the mouse for the next selection.

LAP 11:50 28 Aug 2006

Instead of doing them one at time, try this.

Find the first picture that you want to delete, hold down the Ctrl key and click. Next scroll down to the last picture that you want to delete, hold the Shift key. All pictures between your selections will be highlighted. Hold down Ctrl key and hit 'D'

Fellsider 12:00 28 Aug 2006

That's OK if they are consecutive but if they are random within the folder it won't work.

Graham. 12:06 28 Aug 2006

Simply right click on a photo and select Delete.

LAP 12:22 28 Aug 2006

Fellsider, accepted but if someone has made a mistake and has hundreds of duplicates they can use this in blocks of whatever size. Every little helps.

rsinbad 12:40 28 Aug 2006

or even hold ctrl select any number of random pictures right click on the highlighted then delete only the pictures selected will be deleted.

LAP 17:14 30 Aug 2006

How did you get on?

It's a learning curve and if you do have a result to your problem, please share it with us. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?