My PC wont boot - error code 0xc00000e9

Nonagon 11:32 08 Apr 2017

My computer randomly (at least seemingly) froze a couple days ago. I had to manually restart my computer with the power button. After I restarted it, my computer would not get past the opening windows screen. It would usually just freeze and after a couple more trys, I was greeted with an error message that says:

Windows has has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer. Status: 0xc00000e9

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurrred.

I then shut down my computer and made sure that everything was connected (HDD, CD Drive, etc.) was connected properly. However, nothing I have tried so far including startup repair has worked. I've searched around forums for a while now with no results.

I tried changing in Bios but no joy. Toshiba machine W10.

Any help or suggestions? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:14 08 Apr 2017

win 10? can you do a system restore as sounds like a corrupted registry?

rdave13 14:21 08 Apr 2017

Try installing Windows on another hard drive if you have one spare. I/O error sounds to me as a drive failure.

Nonagon 14:18 09 Apr 2017

Hi

I don't know how to do either of above. I have several plugin hard drives. How do I get laptop to read them?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:10 09 Apr 2017

You can do a system restore / reset from the Advance tools menu - repair your computer. whwre you did the startup repair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)