Is my pc safe ?

Shanklemeister 22:36 17 Mar 2005

on my PC i have installed spyware blaster and a programme called secretmaker to try and protect it.I run adaware fairly often as well to clean it up. Am i doing enough to protect it or is there anything else I should be using, dont really want to pay unless I have to, is there anything else I need which can be downloaded for free ?

my unit is an old pentium 2 if that helps, thanks in advance..........

kaled 22:43 17 Mar 2005

Firewall - zone alarm
Virus check - AVG
spyware - a2
Should be all you need.

JonnyTub 22:43 17 Mar 2005

firewall and antivirus

stalion 22:57 17 Mar 2005
  lotvic 23:40 17 Mar 2005

I found this site (auditmypc) useful click here it checks for open ports and lots of other stuff and makes recommendations

spuds 00:33 18 Mar 2005

Put these on your computer, then you will have all the protection that you need.

Firewall click here Anti-Virus click here MalAware click here Adware Removers click here click here click here Mailwasher click here Junk remover CCleaner click here

SWEENEY TOD 04:36 19 Mar 2005

Spuds.

How do i install the programs that you placed on my reply

Zaphod Beeblebrox 05:38 19 Mar 2005

Most if not all the files listed by spuds will be .exe files you just double click them. I would suggest you just do a default setup ie just click next or ok when required as programs such as firewalls and the like will allow you to adjust settings if required at a later date

spuds 12:17 19 Mar 2005

Sweeney Todd--If you load the above suggestions into a downloader programme, then you can use these at a later date.Otherwise you can download direct and use the programmes straight away.

Do not use two firewalls or two anti-virus programmes together, as these may course a confliction problem. The Adaware/Cleaner type programmes will work quite well together and are compatible with each other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017