is my pc pants??

moogle 20:14 13 Jun 2006

hi all..i have a medion pc MT7..it does me ok,but i now have the gaming bug..call of duty and bf vietnam run fine,but bf2 and doom etc wont run..i've been told a graphics card and ram upgrade will sort this,only problem is i can't see an agp slot,i think possibly graphics chip is intergrated too motherboard..sooo do i need to change board for something more high tech?any info will be gratefuly recieved as my knowledge is very limited..cheers..paule

howard63 21:01 13 Jun 2006

if there is not acp slot then if you need a graphics card you will have to upgrade the board and probably most of the rest as well. Before this try going to the mobo site they may have an upgrade bios or drivers for the video card.

moogle 23:10 13 Jun 2006

thanx for advice..p.s,what is mobo site?

terryf 23:13 13 Jun 2006

google for manufacturers motherboard name

ACOLYTE 10:43 14 Jun 2006

Can you get a PCI card? they wont be as good as AGP but there are some decent ones around and it may save you buying a new mobo,having said that if in the future you want to lay more demanding games you may still have to splash out on some new hardware to keep up.

woodchip 11:22 14 Jun 2006

I have a Medion with a Celeron Computer. That as a AGP slot it's the same board they use for just about all there desktops. It will take upto a P4 at about 4.2gb. the AGP is a Brown slot on the Mobo. mine as a Ati 9200 in it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?