My PC Keeps restarting randomly.

Emmanuel Adams 19:04 18 Jun 2017

CPU: AMD FX 4300 OC 4.1Ghz GPU: NVIDEA GTX 960 4GB PSU: 630W RAM: 8GB

My PC keeps restarting after being on any game for about 15 minutes. I don't know what the issue could be. The CPU reaches a temperature of 55 degrees Celsius and the GPU reaches a temperature of 60 degrees. So I don't think its an overheating issue. My old graphics card which was a Radeon HD 7790 worked fine. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

rdave13 19:31 18 Jun 2017

PSU problems possibly.

Emmanuel Adams 20:28 18 Jun 2017

Do you think its to do with the actual power supply having a malfunction? Or is it because there is not enough power for the components?

wee eddie 08:44 19 Jun 2017

A 650 watt PSU is likely to be powerful enough for most setups. So, the possibility of it not delivering sufficient power must be high on your list, but check its airflow asap.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?