my pc crashes when I install vga drivers

armacomroll 14:54 10 Feb 2012

My pc crashed and I had re-installed XP. Everytime I try to install the driver for the vga the pc crashes and I have to re-install windows. I have tried installing from the disc and the pc crashed. I have downloaded the driver from the windows update site and this succeeded but on reboot the windows won't start up and the screen is fuzzy. Althought the monitor seems to be working ok I cannot calibrate my monitor using Spider 3 as it says it can't find a monitor and would I install drivers. Would appreciate help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:24 10 Feb 2012

make / model of machine?

onthelimit1 15:25 10 Feb 2012

Sounds like the wrong driver. If it's a built-in graphics card, go to the mobo manufacturers site and download from there.

ronalddonald 16:03 10 Feb 2012

when i reinstall windows xp on my machines, i dont always install the driver. seems to work perfectly with mine without the vga driver.

Try reinstalling xp without without the vga driver. Also double check the wires, sometime the wires might not be connected properly

armacomroll 16:54 10 Feb 2012

my pc is a MEDIONPC MS-7318 desktop with nVidia NVIDIA GeForce 7650 GS card. I have just installed the windows recommended update again for the nvidia geforce and it has again crashed the pc. f8 gives me the boot option but no safe mode option is given so it looks like re-installing xp again. I am begining to wonder if the card or the motherboard is faulty. My problem is lack of being able to calibrate my monitor.

onthelimit1 17:26 10 Feb 2012

Try it from the nvidia site here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires