my new laptop and microsoft office

teresa_150 21:28 03 Mar 2006

I have just bought a new fujitsu laptop and it has come with microsoft office already on it.I think that this must have been a 30 day trial.Can anyone explain to me (this may seem really stupid)why I have full use of office,ie excel,powerpoint and word (I have done a presentation)they are all there but I have just tried to open an attachment on a e-mail and although it actually opened,it keeps taking me to a convert page to which you insert your product code,or go on to buy a new code for £120.I really dont understand it do I have full use or it or not?or do I have to buy a new package? If i have to but a new package what benefits will it give me? Please help!!!!

RickH0684 21:39 03 Mar 2006

I know of a couple of people that have had this and yes your right it is only a tria version, depending on how often you think you will use it and whether you can download a free packaged software thingy wil be your points to consider and also whether you can afford it, the full microsoft office package retails around £300+ if i remember correctly, plus i should imagine they will be releasing a newer version before the years out to go with the new Windows Vista, whether it will be compatible or not i couldnt tell you but it could be worth something considering, hope this gives you some kind of direction,

Regards!

Rick0684

remind 21:41 03 Mar 2006

try openoffice (free) click here ;
handles a wide range of MS office documents

mammak 21:43 03 Mar 2006

teresa_150 hi it certainly sounds like you have trial version did you get any office cds with your laptop? I recently purchased a laptop and a pc and both came with the office cds full versions, if anthing my post will keep you near the top good luck wish I could be of more help to you mammak

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?