My New ArbicoElite 8400 wont recognise cds/dvds!

buel 17:43 20 Jul 2008

Hi there, iv just bought the above pc for £550 and to my annoyance it reads burnt dvds as blanks and doesn't even recognise some cds or dvds in it's drive whereas it does recognise them in my external usb dvd writer (even though this is a very very slow at reading large files!), surely this isn't right?

MAT ALAN 17:48 20 Jul 2008

Any advice could probably render your warranty agreement null and void, if its brand new send it back. i have bought from Arbico and i am sure they will come up with a satisfactory solution...

Not a driver issue as optical devices use generic drivers supplied by O/S...

buel 21:34 20 Jul 2008

Hi there, iv just bought the above pc for £550 and to my annoyance it reads burnt dvds as blanks and doesn't even recognise some cds or dvds in it's drive whereas it does recognise them in my external usb dvd writer (even though this is a very very slow at reading large files!), surely this isn't right?

buel 21:20 23 Jul 2008

Hi, i rang Arbico today for the third day consecutively and they are being funny about my pc, such as offering to send me another dvd writer in exchange for the one i have in my pc and want me to swap them, my argument is that i have no idea how to do this but, more importantly, i shouldn't really have to do this being as i paid £540 for my pc. i have asked for a refund and they are not too keen on this idea but i am especially keen being as they have just last week released their new model of my pc for the same price but a much better model(2GB extra than what i have etc etc) I have had the pc for 3 weeks, please can anyone give me a bit of advice as to whether i can get my refund? Ps-they pointed out there would be charges being as my pc was 'personalised'!!

buel 23:04 23 Jul 2008

Hi, i rang Arbico today for the third day consecutively and they are being funny about my pc, such as offering to send me another dvd writer in exchange for the one i have in my pc and want me to swap them, my argument is that i have no idea how to do this but, more importantly, i shouldn't really have to do this being as i paid £540 for my pc. i have asked for a refund and they are not too keen on this idea but i am especially keen being as they have just last week released their new model of my pc for the same price but a much better model(2GB extra than what i have etc etc) I have had the pc for 3 weeks, please can anyone give me a bit of advice as to whether i can get my refund? Ps-they pointed out there would be charges being as my pc was 'personalised'!!

buel 22:39 24 Jul 2008

buel 08:29 27 Jul 2008

C3 10:03 27 Jul 2008

To be honest, it sounds like it would be much easier and less stressful to just get them to send you the drive, then trying to fight them on this.

Changing a drive is very straight forward and there are tutorials available if you do a google search.

I don't know where you stand with the new model, same price thing though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

11 must-have iMessage stickers packs by Jean Jullian, Christoph Niemann, Jon Burgerman & more

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Que faire en cas de vol ou perte de votre smartphone ?