My new acer freezes!

lenski5a 21:03 25 Nov 2010

I recently got an Acer aspire 5745PG about a month ago and the entire system keeps freezing even though i dont have heavy programs running. I would then have to force a shutdown and lose my unsaved work. I had to return and replace it with an acer Aspire5820T (timeline).

Unfortunately, I am beginning to experience the same problem with my new laptop and i noticed that it occurs mostly when i try to connect or disconnect from my school network.. None of my colleagues experience this on their laptops of different brands so i dont think it has to do with my schools network.

Please what could be the possible cause or solution for this?

mgmcc 21:13 25 Nov 2010

How are you "connecting to" and "disconnecting from" the school network?

The problem could be something to do with a conflict between an Acer computer and whatever you are doing to connect/disconnect.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:15 25 Nov 2010

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

ACER
A Crap Experience Really

Take it back and buy a decent laptop.
Just do a search on this forum for Acer problems and make up your own mind. :0(

lenski5a 23:38 25 Nov 2010

After my two successive HP's packed up, I've been using an acer and i never really experienced any problems until i decided to get a new one last month.

I connect to my school VPN either with a Lan cable or wireless by simply logging in with my school id and passwrd... most of the software in it were pre-installed and i haven't really installed much in the system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?