My neighbour - again!!!

Les 22:32 01 Oct 2006

His computer eventually went kaput - on my advice he took it to the local repair shop where they replaced the power supply and then reformatted the hard disk and reinstalled Windows XP Pro. Everything up and working. Ge restored some of his software, icons appeared on the desktop. Later, after I left him to it he made accounts for his son and daughter so that each could have their own access. This evening he complained that although the accounts work correctly he has noticed that program icons on his screen also appear on theirs. Not the folders just the program icons. Would this be because he made their accounts after he had installed his programs?

mgmcc 23:25 01 Oct 2006

Most likely because the shortcuts are in the "All Users" account Desktop rather than in the Desktop relating to his own account.

Les 23:26 01 Oct 2006

Thanks - I'll have a look see when next he's at home.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:38 01 Oct 2006

I would suggest that you move.

G

Les 00:35 02 Oct 2006

Good Idea! I would if he'd pay for the removal 8-)).

The trouble with him is that although the computer is essential to organise his sporting activities but when it's working he's totally irresponsible in his use of it.

The trouble with me is that I am a complete mug in trying to keep his computer working. I would have thought that paying £70 for parts and labour last week would have tempered his adventurous spirit!! - but it doesn't appear to have done so. But you are what you are 8-))

terryf 07:59 02 Oct 2006

Les, be careful or else you will get the plaintive cry 'it was alright until you had a look at it' which used in the old days to be the result of adjusting some ones tv and is now applied to PCs :-)

Stuartli 09:03 02 Oct 2006

I suggested that you moved in a previous thread...:-)

Some people never learn...:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?