My music folder not responding?

wesparmalee 20:14 15 Apr 2005

Can anyone help with this.I seem to have developed a problem accessing music files in 'my music'.As soon as i open a music file stored in my music folder,then click on the normal green arrow to return to the my music folder,the whole thing freezes up.I get the program is not responding dialog box giving me the option to end the program,or cancel it.The cpu goes to 100% during this process,and then i end the program altogether.None of my other folders seem effected.I've done a system restore,a full virus check,and still the same thing is happening.Also sometimes a torch will appear searching for something when closing off the my music folder.This is going to be a real problem,as i have 15gb of music i can't afford to write off.Please advise.I'm using windows xp.Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:53 15 Apr 2005

REpair XP
click here

Type
sfc /scannow
in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.
This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone