My mouse won't scroll in Opera

Tony2855 11:21 12 Jul 2003

My Microsoft optical mouse will not scroll when I am using Opera browser, it works with everything else though, and it did work until last week when the pc was reloaded with Windows ME...

Can anyone help me please

Thanks
Tony

-pops- 13:37 12 Jul 2003

Go to File, Preferences, Mouse & Keyboard and check that all that needs to be checked is checked.

Tony2855 16:10 12 Jul 2003

All the ticks are in for the mouse. but it still won't scroll in Opera, everything else works fine.

Tony

-pops- 17:42 12 Jul 2003

Strange!! I'm stuck.

Have to wait for the Opera experts to come along.

Pesala is king of the Opera.

Brian

Tony2855 10:39 13 Jul 2003

Me too Brian,its one of those annoying things that make you badly with a pc
regards
Tony

Pesala 12:13 13 Jul 2003

I don't have a scroll wheel on my mouse so I don't know about this problem. However, you can scroll in Opera by click VERY near to the bottom, top, or side of the page (about the last 5 pixels). If you find that difficult, just click on any white space and drag. Scroll bars can be toggled with Ctrl F7 if you want to work in Fullscreen mode. See my Opera tips page for advice on working in Fullscreen mode click here

Pesala 13:25 13 Jul 2003
  Tony2855 15:05 13 Jul 2003

Seems that it is the version of Opera 7.11 that is the problem, there are lots of people that are writing in about it,I went on the Opera forum as suggested by Pesala and there are loads of people there going on about it.....
Thanks to all that wrote back to me

Cheers Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?