My modem isn't working

BMW D5 13:20 05 Nov 2003

We have tried re-installing windows (XP Home) and everything and it won't work. Even gone to repair shop and it still doesn't work. Please Help!!!!

Diodorus Siculus 13:57 05 Nov 2003

Maybe you need a new modem? Have you checked its properties via the device manager? There is an option there to "query the modem" which should tell you if it works or not.

Have it worked in the past / what symptoms of "not working" does it display? i.e. no dial tone, or what?

Stuartli 14:02 05 Nov 2003

It's important to have the latest drivers - have you checked the manufacturer's website for XP version?

Is the modem properly seated?

Is the RJ11 cable attached to the phone line?

It could be any one of a large number of things causing it.

Stuartli 14:02 05 Nov 2003

It's important to have the latest drivers - have you checked the manufacturer's website for XP version?

Is the modem properly seated?

Is the RJ11 cable attached to the phone line?

It could be any one of a large number of things causing it.

Stuartli 14:04 05 Nov 2003

More.

Have you checked Wait for Dialling Tone in the configuration and is it set for Tone dialling rather than Pulse?

woodchip 14:13 05 Nov 2003

Is it a CNR or AMR modem, If it is you will never get it to work with out loading the CNR AMR Port Driver on the Motherboard CD First. Then load the Modem Driver

pj123 14:30 05 Nov 2003

If your modem isn't working how did you get here? I have a client who keeps emailing me telling me his modem doesn't work???

Veritas 1 15:39 05 Nov 2003

I had same problem with Xp Home Edition and was told it had to go back for repair,But when your p.c. boots up hold down Del and then you will see Advanced Chipset Features. If you enter and look for onchip modem and enter.make sure it is enabled Should work.
Good Luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?