My MOBO name?

IanR_ 09:49 15 Apr 2004

Hi just had a look inside my machine as Belarc didnt seem to help me much.Well it says K7VTA3/KT333,ive found out its a ECS-Elite Group board,on the Crucial memory selector it gives me a choice of rev 2.0 - rev 8.0,how do i know which one mine is...or is another look needed? Also would it be worth adding more memory while i'm there? 1.80gig AMD+ 512meg at the mo..
Belarc says Main Circuit Board VIA 8367-8233...is this the chipset?

temp003 11:04 15 Apr 2004

From the Elite website: "Please check the revision of your motherboard found stamped on your motherboard next to the model of your board."

See if you can find a PCB revision or version number.

The online manual has the revision number on the first page (preface-copyright). If you have a manual, check it.

If not, try downloading AIDA32 to see if it gives you better info.

512MB is quite a lot of memory. Usually that's enough. Are you using applications which require huge amounts of memory like video editing?

IanR_ 11:13 15 Apr 2004

thanks for the info,i will have a look tonight,
just wanted to know if thats enough memory,it doesnt hold me up or anything,just curious

cheers....

The Ghost of Inept Pig 11:20 15 Apr 2004

I find that CPU-Z is a good program for finding out a PCs specs (click here) - it even tells you the chipset of the Motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?