My Laptop- PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING

anelia14 22:52 25 Mar 2014

Hi there,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L655 Laptop, and it was working fine up until a week ago, when it suddenly displayed the message: 'PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING'

After quite a bit of troubleshooting, I have tried many things including removing the battery and running directly on A/C power. Everything appeared normal from a mechanical point of view.

However, after also updating the driver software of all 3 components of the battery (found through the device manager), the only thing that works each time, but is very soon reversed, is actually uninstalling 'Microsoft ACPI-complaint control method battery.'

Firstly, I have no idea what this actually is...but i cant have to do this every day in order to get my laptop to charge. I cant always have a power supply when I need to use my laptop...can someone please help me as to what on earth has happened to my laptop, and what I can do to permanently fix it?

Thanks very much,

Anelia

wee eddie 09:50 26 Mar 2014

How long have you had the L655?

alanrwood 10:23 26 Mar 2014

Get this message when the adaptor is plugged in but the battery is fully charged or if there is battery saving software installed that stops charging when the battery reaches 80% for example. Run the laptop for a few hours without the charger plugged in then connect it and see if you still get the same message.

anelia14 20:11 26 Mar 2014

@weeeddie- Ive had the laptop for just over 3 years

@alanrwood- i get this message whern the battery is on any level, and i just happen to plug it in. it simply wont charge unless i uninstall the 'ACPI-complaint control method battery' component in the device manager section. deosnt that prove it cant be battery power saving software installed? and how could that just suddenyl get installed....ive never in 3 years had this type of problem?

Thanks

john bunyan 20:42 26 Mar 2014

My granddaughter has a L655 and it needed a new battery. I managed to get one from my local repair shop for peanuts and it solved the problem.

wee eddie 10:06 27 Mar 2014

I think that the battery has reached the end of its life. Batteries can be expensive. However, my experience of cheap batteries is that it's better tobight the bullet and get the correct one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?