My i.p address > Who can see it?

Mad Boy 19:45 03 Feb 2003

As mentioned in topic thread title, Who can see my i.p address?

Also is there a website so i can check if my i.p address is visible?

bvw in bristol 19:54 03 Feb 2003
  Mad Boy 20:08 03 Feb 2003

can i hide my i.p?

jazzypop 20:23 03 Feb 2003

When you request that a page be sent from a web site to your browser, the site needs to know the address to deliver it to, i.e. your IP address.

Most browsers also tell the web site what resolution that your screen is running at, which browser you are using (IE, Netscape, Opera etc), and which language you are using, among other things.

These are all very useful functions - without them, the Web would go back to being a very difficult place to navigate.

Is there a particular reason why you want to hide your IP address?

Mad Boy 21:17 03 Feb 2003

Is there a reason why i should, i mean i dont like the thought of my i.p being broadcasted over more then 30 web page visits a day. To think who can see it!

Plus my pc is on the verge of dying thus, very vulnerable to Hackers,viruses etc. All though i use Mcafee virusscan and Zone Alarm Pro, Im not sure i have 100% safety whilst browsing the net!

spikeychris 21:24 03 Feb 2003

" 100% safety whilst browsing the net!" contradiction in terms I'm afraid..with the setup you have ie: ZA Pro and Mc anti-virus your as safe as you need to be. :o)

Chris

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:33 03 Feb 2003

Viruses have nothing to do with knowing your IP addy and the chances of being hacked are the same as hitting the lotto. You have more than enough protection....surf on soldier.

All you need to know about hacking is here.....click here

G

User-312386 21:59 03 Feb 2003

Someones using my name.........lol.......

madboy33

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?