My Hdd overheating...

Djpcex 17:00 22 Sep 2006

At first it was making a strange nosie like if a like motor from a toy car was in it jus spinnin.. ...it's very very overheating..it is now at 50c.... why is that.. what can i do .... please help...

skidzy 17:06 22 Sep 2006

Make sure all fans are clear of dust and spinning ok.

50c sounds ok to me,as my systems work around the late 40's

Take the side casing off,and check the fans.

Djpcex 17:10 22 Sep 2006

Sorry i forgot to say... it's a laptop...

skidzy 17:15 22 Sep 2006

Im not familar with the insides of a laptop,but it sounds like the fan is clogged or failing you.

Diemmess 17:32 22 Sep 2006

Sounds like a potential failure of a cooling fan.
Like skidzy I've no idea how to get at the thing, but I would get help very soon before something vital becomes cooked.

Fans as a breed can suffer with worn/dry bearings and as a result they "chatter" and simply don't rev up to proper speed.

Djpcex 17:42 22 Sep 2006

Please help soon guys.. since it's a laptop.... are there any fans inside.. if so can we replace it... or

Diemmess 20:41 22 Sep 2006

Dismantling laptops is for experienced fingers only if you want to avoid real damage.
Once you know exactly what fan is needed, there is a range of goodies out there if you use Google to find a suitable supply.

terryf 20:43 22 Sep 2006

Consider finding a localcomputer business thcan dissassemble and repair a laptop, DIY may result in a few bits left over or require special tools

skidzy 21:59 22 Sep 2006

My laptop has been running now for nearly 5 hours off the mains and reaches a max of 45c,if yours is around that maybe to 50c i would expect that to just a little high.
If you still hear noises,ie the fan or harddrive lagging...stop using it and get it seen to !

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?