my graphics card has burnt out!!!

doofs 16:06 28 Nov 2010

Hi, I am not sure what to do, I was given this computer by my brother, it is made by Tiny, running XP home edition, thats all I know really.
When I tried the pc it would turn on but no moniter, tried another moniter, but still the same result, I took the graphics card out and found a nice burn mark. I am not sure of the make, but found a sticker with FX5200LP on it. I would like to get a new one but I dont know where to start. HELP!!!!!
bar code on the back , (01)04710958851697(21)SN0422T005234
if that means anything?

Jollyjohn 16:20 28 Nov 2010

It is a Nvidea gfx card - look here click here and then I would search ebay for a replacement

howard64 16:23 28 Nov 2010

give the model no. of the pc - also look online for the connection pins of the card it is probably not the latest pci-e. If you type into google something like 'connection pins of pc graphic cards' you should be able to identify what card it is.

GaT7 16:29 28 Nov 2010

Definitely an AGP card as Jj posted. And yes, eBay is a good place for this sort of think, especially if you're after a bargain. G

Dragon_Heart 16:57 28 Nov 2010

The burn out of the card MAY have done damage to the motherboard so don't spend alot on a replacement.

You could also try your local PC shop or PC fairs. You should able to get a card for around £10 or less. Make sure it has the driver software with it ..... it may come on a floppy disk !

citadel 19:52 28 Nov 2010

if that pc was your xmas present from him get him something from the pound shop in return.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?