My friends OE problem : opening full screen?

mesmd 06:07 11 Feb 2008

Hi you guys,
I hope you are all well and doing great.
A friend of mine who uses outlook express, which I do not, is asking me to help her with the following problem:

" Every time I open my e-mail, each address I only gets one third of the screen. When I click for full screen in my tool bar, it doesn't hold."

"I forgot which I go into? It is the tool, option, then what>\?"

Thank you for any help that I can pass on to her.
I never use OE and I wonder if it's the dragging down of the top message line to occupy the whole or larger part of the screen like in other E-Mail programs, or it has some other setting under tools then options then a certain setting to click?

Thanks again for any help.

Sincerely,

Miles

wotbus@ 08:51 11 Feb 2008

I don't use it either and you don't say which OS she is using, but you could try dragging the small display to the top left of the monitor (click and hold the title bar and drag) - then click and drag the bottom right of the small display down to the bottom right of the monitor. If the OS is set up to "remember" the last display it may work.

wotbus@ 08:54 11 Feb 2008

PS: You could also try d/l this - it works great on my wife's PC:
click here

mesmd 09:02 11 Feb 2008

Wotbus,

Thanks so much. The problem was corrected by my letter to her to do the dragging of the upper message line downward to open her message area maximally, and that resolved her problem. Just as you have answered, however, I was guessing and wrote you guys in case it did not work.

Thanks so much again; you guys are so good and quick.

Your description is better than what I told her to do but it worked out the same. She Runs Win XP Home with Cox Cable using O.E.

Miles

mesmd 09:08 11 Feb 2008

Wotbus,

I Forgot to thank you also for the link for IE window maximizer. I sent her that also.

Miles

wotbus@ 09:20 11 Feb 2008

:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?