My Forum Posts oddity

chub_tor 19:43 25 Sep 2011
Answered

I don't think that this has been mentioned before but I have just noticed that when I am looking at My Forum Posts if I click on the Next Page to check through the history of threads I have responded to then it also changes the page of the threads that I have started. Anyone else noticed this?

rdave13 19:50 25 Sep 2011

Well each item goes back in time, i.e. posts you have contributed to, and lower down, posts you have started.

lotvic 20:06 25 Sep 2011

I thought it was normal for it to do that. It goes to the next page.

chub_tor 20:35 25 Sep 2011

Yes but they are two separate sections, one for posts I have contributed to and a separate section for posts that I have started. Why when I want to search for a post that I have contributed to does it also change the page of posts that I have started? Why have two different sections and apparently two different ways of going back through the threads when changing the page on one section automatically changes to the same page number on the other? It's not a date thing because the dates of the threads on each section are vastly different from page to page. It still makes no sense to me.

rdave13 20:54 25 Sep 2011

All I can say is you go back a page to a time previously. The pages hold information on two sections per page. Contribution and thread starting. Regardless of the times listed in each section you still go back in time to either thread starting or contribution. So the back page can be use to search contribution or starting. It's a good idea, something akin to 'kill two birds with one stone'.

chub_tor 21:02 25 Sep 2011

Then why have two sets of page numbers to take you back in time, it doesn't make sense to me.

lotvic 21:40 25 Sep 2011

At the moment the links (both of them) are for pages of your profile, Development Team have designed it that way - don't know if it's permanently going to be like that.

There is not a feature for each section to do it independently. I think you would have to ask FE if you think it would be possible to change the design, maybe they would consider it.

Still, we haven't yet got the PM function back yet so they must be still working on the design.

rdave13 21:45 25 Sep 2011

I think the reason that there are two sets of page numbers is to do with how many times a person posts in the different sections. As I have contributed more than started threads then when I click 'last' on the thread starting section the contribution section has more previous pages available. The thread starting section then disappears if I go back further on the contribution section.

chub_tor 22:42 25 Sep 2011
Answer

rdave13 I am the same as you in that I have contributed to close on 3000 threads but only started two and if I go back to my very first contribution then the started section disappears. It still makes no sense to me but I am off to St. Ives in Cornwall for a week tomorrow so I will close this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?