Is my Flash Drive completely gone?

X™ 17:37 19 Jul 2007

I needed to transfer some files to my flash drive two days ago and then my hard drive dropped and it couldn't finish. My flash drive wouldn't respond to I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and it popped up "windows write delay failed" or something. I opened it up via My Computer and there was nothing there. I then placed it in my laptop and had the same prob. I took it to school the next day and got it opened. I could acces and open all my files, but could not save anything or delete anything. I couldn't format it either. I've just managed to format it finally via Windows and again have the same problem. I can't even format it now. If I use 3rd party software to format it says "There is no media in the selected device" and if I try moving something to it, it says it can't find the selected file, even though it's definetly there.

Any ideas?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:37 19 Jul 2007

try accessing in disk management.

My computer - right click select manage - storage - disk management.

right click the drive for options to initialise and format.

skidzy 19:16 19 Jul 2007

click here

Also check the drive for errors:

Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the local disk that you want to check.

Click Properties, and then click Tools.

Under Error-checking, click Check Now.

Under Check disk options, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Click Start.

X™ 21:23 20 Jul 2007

I sorted it. For some odd reason, it just worked. Lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone