My dad left my PC in our storage room without heat

lilboat 19:33 22 Jun 2017

So my dad left my PC in our storage room outside without heat for 2 weeks while we were on vacation in greece. Before my PC was working without problems but when i got home today i started my PC and i was logging in (win8) and then it just shut down like the power cut or something. I tried booting up the PC again and again but it just wouldnt stop shutting down by itself.

MJS WARLORD 20:32 22 Jun 2017

dont know how old you are or how much you know about pc's , as you turn on pc keep tapping f8 to bring up safe mode to get you to desktop then in search box type reliability history and look at red x markers to see crash or error reports.

what do you see on different screens as your pc is booting up.

forum helpers need a bit more information other than just saying .... wont stop shutting down..... any grinding noises could be dying hard drive .... are fans running very fast....

greece is a hot country even in an outside storeroom but look inside pc for any signs of condensation or damp that might have occurred during a sudden drop in overnight temprature.

wee eddie 21:00 22 Jun 2017

Was it damp or dusty, where it was stored while you were on holiday?

Is it a Desktop or a Laptop?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

See the Best Button Badge Designs of 2017

iPhone X review

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires