My cousins Epson Xp-215 printer will not connect wirelessly

julius44 08:42 02 Nov 2014

Hello and good morning to you all. I'm really hoping that I can get this sorted today one way or the other. My cousin brought her brand new Epson xp-215 printer over to my flat but ive tried everything and I CANNOT get it to connect wirelessly. I have a desktop windows 7 pc, and I also have an Epson stylus SX235w printer, my desktop and printer are connected with a LAN cable, but I decided to connect wirelessly as I have BT wireless usb adaptor. So I disconnected my cousins printer, and connected my printer, and the wireless light came on(green colour) and connected straight away no problem, and this was my FIRST TIME of connecting my printer wirlessly, as its literally beside my desktop on a table so I just normally connect it with the usb cable.

I've then reconnected my cousins Epson xp-215 printer, still problems. I downloaded the Epson Net software, it then tells me to press the wi fi button for 3 seconds, but cannot detect my wireless network. But when I connect via a usb its fine. Ive tried to connect it wirelessly via the wi fi setup via BOTH the usb and non-usb mode to connect wirellsly no joy. I then googled the printer and it seems tonnes of people have the same problem with this model to connect wirelessly. The thing is ive alsways used and recommended Epson printers to family and friends as they are soo easy to set up, and the ink is very cheap to replace. Any help suggestions to get this sorted would be very much appreciated

spuds 10:11 02 Nov 2014

Having a look in Google, there seems to be a number of possible answers, including a YouTube setup video.

This link might appear to be one possible simple answer click here

Newuser4165 10:39 02 Nov 2014

I have the Epson SX425.To set it up wirelessly you have to connect the printer to a networked pc via a USB cable and then run the Epson Netsetup software.The pc must have the Netsetup software installed ideally before you connect the printer.

Ian in Northampton 16:17 02 Nov 2014

On my XP-312, I struggled for a long time till I realised I had to enter the wi-fi password via the front panel of the printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?