I was using my PC a couple of days ago when it suddenly turned off out of nowhere! When I tried to reboot it wouldn't switch on.
My main suspicion is that my computer has been overheating for a long time. I have been meaning to get it fixed but kept putting it off. The CPU temp starts off OK, but then quickly rises to 50-60 degrees. I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, but I know it's not supposed to be that hot!
I'm not really sure what caused it to overheat so much, as a couple of months ago it was fine. I haven't added any new hardware, but I have recieved a lot of errors and a massive system slowdown ever since I got the internet, which was about the time my system started overheating too.
Is there any way I can find out what's causing my computer not to turn on? It could be a blown fuse, but I don't know how to check.
you can buy a little PSU tester which will answer your questions too. get them for under a tenner, great tool to have, saving you time in buying and installing a PSU only to find out that's not the problem... :-)