"MY COMPUTER" no drive letter for CD ROM

Tnomoldw 23:45 27 Feb 2006

I am working on a Compaq SP750 ,It has WINDOWS 2000 OS. The drive letter "D"for the CD ROM and icon are missing in "MY COMPUTER". It's indicator like flashes on startup, the door operates but is unusable.It is a Compaq CD-ROM SC-148E is listed in the Device Manager with a yellow " ! " also after uninstalling and reinstalling then checking driver,it says it has the correct driver. Trouble Shooting says it may have a code 19 error and corrupted registry. What is the safe way to correct the problem ? THANK YOU

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:02 28 Feb 2006

Code 19

Your registry may be bad. (Code 19)

To check your registry, click Check Registry. If the registry is bad, Windows will restart your system and go back to a previous registry that is good.

Solution button: Check Registry

This code means that the registry returned an unknown result.

To resolve this issue, follow the recommended solution, which will run Scanreg.exe. If this does not resolve the issue, type "scanreg /restore" (without quotation marks) from a command prompt. Finally, remove the device from Device Manager, and then redetect it using the Add New Hardware tool in Control Panel.

Tnomoldw 20:25 28 Feb 2006

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ will do.

Tnomoldw 21:21 28 Feb 2006

Fruit Bat /\0/\ I need more info I don't find the button or the scanreg program, I tryed typing in RUN and in Command Prompt. I searched files. I am running Windows2000PRO

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?