My computer isn't turning on.

PhilipJun2 22:49 15 Jun 2017
Answered

This was the second time I've ever checked my PC, as it was running slower than usual. I wanted to have a look at my CPU, so I skimmed through a few YouTube videos and found out how to take out the CPU fan. I did so, and checked out my processor. I didn't remove it or anything, I just tapped the surface of it a few times. After that, I fiddled with a few wires and put back everything to the way it was. I tried turning on my computer, but it didn't work. After I pull out and plug back in the AC plug, turn the PCU off and on, I press the power button, and the led lights up for a split second.

I've gotten numerous answers telling me it was either something loose, I banged the CPU or that I did not put thermal paste.

What happened?

Forum Editor 05:42 16 Jun 2017
Answer

"After that, I fiddled with a few wires and put back everything to the way it was."

It sounds to me as though you may not have put everything back the way it was. I suggest that you thoroughly check every connection, to make sure they are all seated properly. The problem may be that you have inadvertently made a wrong connection somewhere.

wee eddie 12:04 16 Jun 2017

This idea is a bit late in the day, for you anyway.

Use your phone to take pictures before you take anything apart. Then, when you put it back together, you can check as to how it was

lotvic 16:09 16 Jun 2017

What happened?

I agree with the numerous answers - it's probably

either something loose, I banged the CPU or that I did not put thermal paste.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires