My Computer

TN 14:25 01 Mar 2004

When I click on my computer the icon for Drive C is Not a Hard Disk icon and when I try to open C I get message: Windows cannot find GhostRecon.Part1.Exe. This programme is required to open files of type 'File'. Typen in executable file to be used.
My son had GhostRecon on my computer for a while and deleted it so is there any other method of opening and reading 'C'. I know I can right click and select open but I would like to get rid of the message

AubreyS 14:31 01 Mar 2004

If you still have GhostRecon, you could try reinstalling it, then uninstall it from add and remove programs.

TN 14:36 01 Mar 2004

Do not have GhostRecon as son has sold it!

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:41 01 Mar 2004

Sounds a bit like a problem im having at the minute with my hdd's when i click them i cant open them unless i right click an select open/explore but mine brings up the search assistant looking how to open it,your thread gave me an idea that the file associations may have changed some how but im at a loss how to set then back.Have to see what happens in my thread may help us both.

Regards.

TN 14:51 01 Mar 2004

Let's keep our fingers crossed that someone had the problem and fixed it

Jester2K 14:55 01 Mar 2004

Check the C Drive for a file called autorun.inf. If present rename and see if that makes a difference.

why not just create a new shortcut?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?