My browser/dial up questionable

lillydrop 04:04 25 May 2007

As a new member I downloaded an ebay tool from their site.
However I have since noticed that two strange things seem to happen:-
1) when I click on the tool bar "Rover cars ebay ....."appears in my browser. Oddly this is instantounsesly replaced by the correct name "click here..." within the same browser. It is'nt as though I buy or sell cars all the time at Ebay so dont know why the Rover adress always appears first.

2)Also at the bottom of the screen sometimes a dial up automatically starts flashing on and off with the Ebay icon present, which also brings up a dial up window for me to press connect to go on line.

lillydrop 08:51 25 May 2007

I accidentlly omited a few words so I will rephrase my question:-
I downloaded an ebay tool from safeguard site.
However I have since noticed that two unusual things now happen as a result, as follows:-

1) when clicking on the tool bar "Rover cars ebay ....."appears in my browser. then within an instant (in the same browser) it is replaced by the correct Ebay address click here..." Does anyone know this happens?

2)Also at the bottom of the screen sometimes a dial up automatically starts flashing on and off with the Ebay icon present, which also brings up a dial up window for me to press connect to go on line.
This is not the the usual dial up connection, nor the usual icon that normally appears I already have arranged with my telecommunications company.
Would be grateful for any ideas, answers solutions etc, on the above questions.

Kate B 15:21 25 May 2007

Are you sure that was a genuine tool you downloaded? It sounds as though it's installed spyware and a rogue dialler. Run a scan with your updated anti-virus software, and also scans with A Squared, Spybot, Adaware and Windows Defender (all free, Google for them if you don't already have them) - between them they should shift it.

Also, consider switching to Firefox, which is a bit better at stopping that kind of thing installing.

p;3 17:03 25 May 2007

click here

click here

click here

click here

fully update and run that lot on full deep scans and see what they say you have picked up

what is your antivirus program and your windows version?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?