MUSIC ? PROTECTED

LANDCRUISER 11:52 06 Nov 2005

Hi there,could you help,i copyed my complete music collection onto my pc & backed it up onto a external h/d, i just bought the ARCHOS 500 & tried to copy the music there,it did copy but when i went to play the music on the archos it enformed me that the music is protected,i am using the latest windows 10 with XP serice pack 2, i did protect the music when i loaded it but cannot find where to unprotect it now, help please

ACOLYTE 11:56 06 Nov 2005

click here doesnt look good.

ACOLYTE 11:57 06 Nov 2005

I would add,that if the link turns out to be true
you may have to copy all the music again without protection.

LANDCRUISER 12:18 06 Nov 2005

Thanks for your reply ACOLYTE, well i did not want to hear that as it took a very long time to do,if i had known that a little tick could cause so much wasted time i would have left it alone,when i bought the archos from QVS the shopping chanel they said on air that archos had syned up to music & viedo body to allow you to play it throw the archos 500, if i deleted the liecence fom windows would that not do the trick.

AndySD 12:51 06 Nov 2005

No deleting the liscence in Windows will juat stop windows from playing it as well.

LANDCRUISER 12:57 06 Nov 2005

Thanks Andysd,there must be a way around this problem,reloading all my music will take a very long time.

AndySD 13:16 06 Nov 2005

Yep it says you can use them, try their Tech Support click here I cant seem to find an answer in their site though.

AndySD 13:22 06 Nov 2005

Is there a driver or plugin for Windows Media eiter in a folder on the player or on a cd that came with it?

LANDCRUISER 13:22 06 Nov 2005

I have already look into their site the only thing i found is that they say to have player 10 but looking further they mention downloading player 10 from musicforsure ido not know if this is different to windows version

ACOLYTE 21:29 07 Nov 2005

I dont know if this will help i had a quick read and this allows you to copy protected music to upto 10 other pc's,but i didnt read all the page there may be limitations.

click here

HTH

LANDCRUISER 11:58 09 Nov 2005

Thanks ACOLYTE,sorrow i did not get back sooner,had bit of problem with pc but ok now,i notice that archos mentions playforsure do you know anything about playforsure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?