Music to phone via USB or card reader

lilsweety 20:51 24 Sep 2006

Hi Im new to downloading music, images etc to a phone.

I really need some help on downloading music to my mp3 on my new samsung phone however Im having problems trying to connect my phone to my pc via the usb provided with my phone. Is it meant to takes ages or just a couple of minutes? Do I need to adjust the settings on my computer? If so how can I do this. I think my pc doesnt recognise that my phone is connected to it via the usb lead.

Also I recently brought a Sandisk memory card for my samsung e900 phone. Do I need a card reader to transfer music to my card and then to my phone??? My question really is once I have the card reader how does it actually work in getting music etc from my pc to the card

The answer may be obvious but Im a bit lost. All i really want is some of my fav music on my phone.

Please help

STREETWORK 20:54 24 Sep 2006

If your phone supports bluetooth then you can do it with this but you will need to buy an adapter, or use a USB cable. Load the phones software onto the PC and connect the phone.

From the software you should be able to drag and drop music files onto the phone...

lilsweety 20:59 24 Sep 2006

Ive downloaded the software and currently have the Samsung pc studio on my pc however everytime I try to connect my phone to my pc via the usb lead my computer doesnt seem to recognize that its connected. Its draining all the power from my phone battery. The card reader would prevent this right?

The software should able me to put music files to my ohone but the connection never gets complete.

I know Im doing something wrong, I think Im missing something

lilsweety 21:00 24 Sep 2006

I have bluetooth; do I need to activate it then connect via usb lead??

lilsweety 07:41 26 Sep 2006

I have now figured this out. I can now transfer music files to my phone via the usb lead. Also Iv only just discovered bluetooth! its great!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?