Music folders help

muddypaws 09:48 02 Nov 2006

Somehow over time and in my early PC days my music files have become scattered in various 'My Music' subfolders. WMP and MusicMatch can still find and play them, but it is a pain in the a...
when trying to find music to add to slideshows etc. If it was just a few CDs I would delete and rip again, but it is over 40.
If I copy and paste all these scattered files back into my main ' My Music' folder and delete the scattered ones I envisage WMP and MM not being able to find them. If I just copied them to the main folder and left the scattered ones in situ-there would be no problem or would this confuse the 'players'?
Advice please --or have I answered my one question!!

Z1100 12:31 02 Nov 2006

I would collect them all up and then DL itunes for music and VLC click here for all other media.

brundle 12:55 02 Nov 2006

No need for ITunes if you dont have an Ipod, Windows Media Player 11 will find and catalogue the music.
click here

muddypaws 13:39 02 Nov 2006

Thanks for comments.
I think you have misread my thread. I am quite happy with WMP and MM and downloading anything else will not cure the problem.My existing players find the music OK. It is trying to find individual tracks to add to slide shows etc.
My original question still remains.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?