Music Files

Mike@#36 18:07 20 Oct 2003

I have just replaced my C:\ drive, leaving my old one as a slave (now labeled F:\ & G:\)with all my old files on Inc my music files recorded with Real One.

After re loading all my software and taking the oportunity to upgrade from Win98 to XP (Inc service packs etc), I tried to play my old music files using Media Player. However it stated that it could not do this so I downloaded Real One again over the internet. Shock horror I then find I can not play them using that as they do not have a necessary security key for my computer! presumambly a new feature of Real One?

Does anyone know if there is a way that I can 'unlock' the files so that they will play again, or will I have to re record them.

Mike

Peverelli 18:31 20 Oct 2003

What format are your music files in (eg. wav, mp3 etc.)?

seedie 18:41 20 Oct 2003

Winamp is the dog's

Mike@#36 07:52 21 Oct 2003

They were saved by using RealOne straight from the CD onto the Hard Drive. I think they have .RMF after each track. Properties now says they are RealSystem Secure Media File. I suspect that the Secure bit did not exist with my old C:\ drive version of RealOne.

Mike

Peverelli 14:11 21 Oct 2003

Yes I think you are right about the security key. A couple of pages that may (or may not) interest you: click here

click here

Do you not have the older RealOne player on your old drive?

Mike@#36 18:49 21 Oct 2003

Thanks for the info, not sure if this relates to the same problem though.

Yes I do have the old Real One on my old drive but having re installed the current version I can not run it.

Mike

Mike@#36 18:56 22 Oct 2003

Thanks all for your assistance. I have found an archive section on the Real website where it explains how to uninstall all of Real and to re install an older v1 version of the player (current is v2).
Did this today and am now able to play my old files.
Thanks again

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?