Music on an Email

meater 14:16 11 Mar 2006

Music on an Email

Please can anybody tell me how I can put some music on an Email. I have tried to put a .wav file on but it takes a long time to load and a long time to open, and it was only 2.5MB. I had an Email sent to me Playing "In the Mood", and that opened at the normal speed. I have tried to WinZip a short file, but it does not reduce the size of the file very much. Not only that, I know you can reduce the size of text to suit going into the Email, but you can't seem to do it with a music file, also when I tried to put in some music it went to Windows Media Player, which I don't want it to do.
Any help with this problem will be appreciated.

BFN

meater

anchor 17:05 11 Mar 2006

Wave files are quite large, midi files are very much smaller.

I suspect that the one you received was in midi form. Have a listen to a midi file here; it is only 52Kb. A similar piece of music in wave form would be many hundreds of Kbs.

click here

anchor 17:07 11 Mar 2006

Oops!: I should have said,

"the one you received was in wave form, or even possibly a mp3".

anchor 17:15 11 Mar 2006

More OOPS!; I should learn to read the post more carefully. The speed of the "In the mood" file you received suggests it was a midi file.

Sending a 2.5Mb file by e-mail will be slow; especially if you, or the recipient is on 56k dial-up. I doubt a music file will compress much with winzip.

meater 17:28 11 Mar 2006

Anchor,

Could you explain to me how I can make a midi
file, or convert from .wav file.

BFN

meater

ICF 17:34 11 Mar 2006

Do you want to have the sound/music to play when the email is opened & what size is the file?

ICF 17:38 11 Mar 2006

To have a sound file play when a email is opened:- Create a new email box and select format,background,sound and then locate the file you want to add as the sound.

Marsh Warden © ™ 17:45 11 Mar 2006
  ACOLYTE 17:45 11 Mar 2006

I found this is best done by incredimail,in OE it doesnt work that well,but increadimail does this with ease.

johnnyrocker 18:00 11 Mar 2006

click on insert in oe and select the wav file you want and it will play when the mail opens.

johnny.

Ikelos 18:06 11 Mar 2006

send it via this.......

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?