Music downloads

lintony 15:21 23 Mar 2003

I have downloaded some music from a website but this can only be listened to using Real Player on my computer.

Is it possible to change the format of this music so that I can burn it to a CD?

redelf 15:29 23 Mar 2003

Yes. Most decent CD software (eg Nero ) will convert from sevral formats into WAV. files suitable for CD burning. Check the documentation or helpfiles for your CD burning software.

geewis 15:32 23 Mar 2003

If you are using NERO the when asked if you are copying data or audio tick audio then burn, the disk will play anywere.

lintony 15:49 23 Mar 2003

I'm afraid I am a novice at burning CD and don't have Nero. I only have what came with my PC, Windows media player,Prassi Primo and I also have Ashampoo which I downloaded from the internet.

lixdexik 17:56 23 Mar 2003

you can get musicmatch jukebox a free prog download from the net. but the down side is you get nagged to buy the full copy. I have used it for sometime now and it works well. it is worth a try. click here

Cheers lixdexik.

klop 18:31 23 Mar 2003

Thoroughly recommend Music Match. I have the full thing. Very good.

-pops- 18:50 23 Mar 2003

Good as Musicmatch may be, I would suggest you get Nero for other CD burning processes. It is far more popular than either of the ones you have already and there are a large number of regular users (= experts) here who can help out if you have any problems.

Download a fully functional trial from click here and see what you think.

Brian

Wak 20:03 23 Mar 2003

The latest FREE version of Real One Player will download all types of music and also includes facilities to burn them to disc. I have just burned 30 tunes to a disc which plays perfectly.
I also have Nero which didn't get used this time.

lintony 21:31 24 Mar 2003

I already have Real Player but when I burn music to a CD that I have "downloaded" using Real Player, I can only play the CD on my PC.I want to be able to play the music on my stereo.

Wak 21:58 24 Mar 2003

I have downloaded music from click here using Real Player and having the .ra extention.
This music has been burned to CD-R using the RealPlayer burning facility and it plays OK on both the Computer and also my stereo system so I cannot understand why your music doesn't play on your stereo setup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone