MUP.sys problems with Windows XP

Bill2000 19:40 03 Dec 2005

I have been trying to run Windows XP with a 2800 Pentium 4 on a ASROCK P4VT8 Motherboard. I am using 1mb of RAM and a 120mb SATA H/Drive. The Graphics card is a Saphire Radeon 9200 Atlantis. When I install Windows XP Professional everyting runs OK for a couple of weeks or so and then the computer locks up at a file called MUP.sys or at least, that is the last file I can see that has loaded when I start Windows via a controlled boot-up. I originally thought the problem was with Service Pack 2 so this time, I didn't install it and just used XP in it's original format and still got the problem after a couple of weeks. The computer is not connected to the Internet and has never been connected, so the fault is not coming that way.

I have checked to see if there is an updated BIOS but I am using the latest i.e. Version 1.3. There is a section on ASROCK site that lists a P4VT8+ motherboard and the BIOS for this board has had a number of updates but I don't know what the difference is between the P4VT8 and the P4VT8+ and my enquiries to ASROCK got no response at all.

I have contacted ASROck but as is often usual with companies these days, all I recieved from them was the standard e-mail saying how important my e-mail was but they never botherd to reply to it. If I can't sort this out, my only option will be to replace the Motherboard and never buy an ASROCK product again.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks Bill

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:44 03 Dec 2005

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?