multiple xp problems which i have

johnnyrocker 10:41 18 Mar 2014

it is a quite long story with my machine but i shall try to be brief as poss.

1 unable to do system restore any date. 2 unable to play yahoo games because of java 7 probs. 3 constant script errors despite uninstall and reinstall flash player 4 flash player crashes from time to time when using I player.

XP pro sp3 AVG paid for sygate firewall, malware bytes,super anti spyware,various lobit security stuff etc

Jollyjohn 11:15 18 Mar 2014

AVG paid for sygate firewall, malware bytes,super anti spyware,various lobit security stuff etc

I suspect there may be some security stuff conflict.

If you connect through a router, check it's settings, and it should use NAT - Network Address Translation, this blocks un requested connections to your PC.

Disable your firewall and have only AVG running. If PC works then add security stuff one at a time until issue re occurs.

Kingfisher 13:38 18 Mar 2014

Have you tried system restore from safe mode, thats the best way to use system restore

johnnyrocker 18:58 18 Mar 2014

Kingfisher. i had forgotten that i shall now try it and thanks for the tip.

johnny

johnnyrocker 19:28 18 Mar 2014

right system restore works now for a clean up, i also have a problem with my real tek audio card in that when pc on for some time occasionally there would be a flicker from the icon with message a jack has been unplugged and sound goes then another message saying a jack has been inserted and sound returns have uninstalled sound card plus drivers and re installed but no joy with this intermittent problem.

johnny

johnnyrocker 19:28 18 Mar 2014

right system restore works now for a clean up, i also have a problem with my real tek audio card in that when pc on for some time occasionally there would be a flicker from the icon with message a jack has been unplugged and sound goes then another message saying a jack has been inserted and sound returns have uninstalled sound card plus drivers and re installed but no joy with this intermittent problem.

johnny

Ian in Northampton 19:39 18 Mar 2014

Your audio problem is almost certainly a bad connection of some kind - either with the socket or the plug. Can you try it with an alternative set of speakers/headphones, see if that resolves the problem? If not, it could be your audio socket that's developed a fault.

johnnyrocker 20:01 18 Mar 2014

problem looks to have been caused by nero 14 which i started to uninstall and lo and behold sound returned.

johnny

johnnyrocker 20:04 18 Mar 2014

spoke too soon unfortunately as prob has returned.

johnny

johnnyrocker 18:52 19 Mar 2014

working much better now all the security stuff gone, thanks to all offers of help

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?