Multiple Printers on One Computer - Possible?

White Crane 09:06 30 Aug 2006

Long story here; but I'll cut to the chase!

My printer head needed to be replaced, after printing a lot of work load in High print took forever! (Literally!) My parents thought that I might need to buy a new printer; but I found a place where I could buy a print head cheap... I asked Canon about the problem and they confirmed what I thought.

Anyhow; my sister decides to get a new printer (she has work load too) and installs both on my computer and her laptop (we have a router to share) My old printer works (when it wants) and I've had it for only 3yrs (!)

So; my question is: would it be possible to have two printers on one computer? Both are Canon, and I'm concerned that the software will conflict. Another problem is that my pc has the interent, and so my sister uses it often...

€dstowe 09:10 30 Aug 2006

Some of my computers have six printers attached.

The only difficulty is not with the computer but, ensuring that you select the correct printer for the job you're doing

Microdot 09:12 30 Aug 2006

Very possible.
I run hpx3 plus a canon photo printer on one pc with no problems.

Cheers de Art.

White Crane 09:47 30 Aug 2006

So; it is possible to have two canon printers on one computer then?

What about software? Would the conflict, or not (as they are both canon printers!)

Cheers

White Crane

woodchip 09:49 30 Aug 2006

It should work OK I have two shared, but they are connected and work OK to one computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017