multiple Outlooks crash both

Amalric I 19:43 29 Oct 2006

Iam running MS Outlook 2007 Beta on my Asus sPresso with 3.0MHz Pentium 4, 2GB RAM and a 160GB disk. I recently upgraded my HP iPAQ 4150 (which synchronized my Outlook files to its own copy of Outlook 2002) sucessfully to an iPAQ 4915 which also uses Outlook 2002. Sync still works but the copy of Outlook 2002 and the Outlook 2007 on the sPressso both crash. 2007 complains that it can't open pst files because they are in use and then terminates. 2002 terminates whenever the contacts icon is clicked.

I cannot get to my contacts data except an abbreviated version on the iPAQs.

Amalric I 11:29 30 Oct 2006

I have been in touch with HP on this. They say to remove both Outlooks (which will leave data intact) and reinstall Outlook 2002 from the disk which came with the iPAQ 6915. Note:the new iPAQ is a 6915 not a 4915 as stated in the original posting.

Amalric I 12:47 09 Nov 2006

HP Now says the problem stems from Windows XP, or perhaps Windows Mobile taking a default to synchronize with an Exchange Server rather than with the desk top computer it is connected to.

ASthere is no exchange server in this case, this sets off a chain of errors resulting in the symtoms reported above. HP gave me a phone number
for Microsoft Support which is totally useless.

What I need to do is find a way to nullify the (default)target of synchronization and make Active Sync accept the Outlook files on my desktop as target. Anyone know how to do this?

James. 14:31 09 Nov 2006

Have you got the "Enable sync with a server" box checked in Activesync options, if so try removing it, other thn that have you considered an uninstall/reinstall of Activesync.

James. 14:31 09 Nov 2006

Have you got the "Enable sync with a server" box checked in Activesync options, if so try removing it, other thn that have you considered an uninstall/reinstall of Activesync.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?