Multiple Internet Connections

spud10 22:44 16 Aug 2007

I have four seperate user accounts set up for my family on my Windows XP PC all have seperate email accounts but if I try to access the internet on any of the user accounts except the main account I get the blue page for customising internet explorer ie font size etc. but the message at the bottom of the page states done but error on page. I can access the internet by typing a search engine name in the search box ie. Google.
The are no problems with the main account.
Any ideas on how I can customise the accounts so the can all have the same home page.

woodchip 23:30 16 Aug 2007

Go to Home Page in Main Account. Copy the Address. Turn IE off then back on for other account paste page into Home Page on general Tab

spud10 16:13 17 Aug 2007

Thanks for the advice but I had already tried to paste the home address into the general tab of the other accounts but this did not solve the problem.
I have also reset internet explorer from the advanced tab in the internet options settings but this did nothing to solve the problem.
Any other tips that I could try?

spud10 18:22 18 Aug 2007

The operating system is Windows XP Home

woodchip 18:24 18 Aug 2007

You could try deleting the accouts then create new ones

spud10 11:16 21 Aug 2007

I deleted the accounts and set up new ones but still have the problem and cannot set up a home page in internet explorer.I can still access the internet by typing a search engine name in the search box ie. Google.

woodchip 15:26 21 Aug 2007

Is this IE6 or is it IE7????? if 6 try this click here

spud10 11:14 22 Aug 2007

I am running internet explorer 7

woodchip 18:43 22 Aug 2007

Do a Search for IE.inf right click the file and choose Install

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone