multiple identities

ranch 16:59 01 Jul 2009

My wife and I originally had shared identities on windows xp oe. I now have vista with windows mail and my wife has vista office outlook 2007.
We both use the same email address with our individual names in front of the user name.
The problem is that she receives my emails on her computer whenever she sends/receives if it's before I get them.
Is it possible to set up to receive only the individual emails on the respective computers?
ISP is Orange and their help site only refers to setting up windows mail to receive separate emails on respective computers.
I have tried setting her Outlook 2007 to her hotmail account but it still receives my emails from the freeserve account.
We are both vista home premium.
Any ideas please?

interzone55 17:22 01 Jul 2009

This used to work with freeserve, which is now orange so it may still work.

In the account setup, instead of putting ouraccount.orange.co.uk put the full email address
[email protected] in your software and [email protected] in your wife's software.

The only problem with this system is that any mail sent to mis-spelt addresses will not be picked up, so you may want to visit the webmail page every now & again to check...

ranch 08:04 02 Jul 2009

Thanks Alan. Will give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?