Multiple Execute Software

babybell 20:12 04 Oct 2005

Is there software that you can give it a list of programs and it will run each one in turn without the need for me clicking next or something in each program. For example, i would like it to run mcafee virus scan, then ad aware, then spybot, etc etc. Is this a reality or just a meare dream!

ashdav 20:20 04 Oct 2005

you can write your own but it's not easy. They are called batch files.click here

Totally-braindead 20:20 04 Oct 2005

You can set a lot of programs up to both auto update and also to run at certain times if that is what you mean.

Totally-braindead 20:24 04 Oct 2005

Just had another look at adaware and spybot and it doesn't appear they have this facilty but mcafee should have.

babybell 20:26 04 Oct 2005

Batch files do look complicated. Basically brain dead i want a program that can open ad-aware, start the scan, finish the scan, close the program and open another. I think it sounds a bit far fetched and complicated. Not to worry, cheers guys

Totally-braindead 20:29 04 Oct 2005

Leave the post open babybell as I'd be interested to know if it can be done and if it can someone on the Forum will probably know how to do it. Personally I prefer to do them manually rather than rely on the PC to do it itself. At least that way I know its been done even if some of the software fails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?