Multiple Email Addresses & Outlook

PeterCutting 10:28 01 Feb 2007

I am sure there must be a sensible answer to this.

I have several email addresses..but want to use only one of them to send from. However my ISP is NTL (dont ask). Outlook blocks me from sending with any other email than the ntl.com one. How can I receive from all but send only from one which is NOT the ntl.com one

Many thanks
Peter
(old fashioned luddite)

recap 10:35 01 Feb 2007

Try this: In Outlook/Tools/Email Accounts, check the 'View or change existing e-mail accounts' button. In the list that is in the next window, highlight the required account and set it as the 'Default' account.

PeterCutting 10:39 01 Feb 2007

Thanks recap

tried that..still blocks it.....
However am trying to chagne my smtp and pop3 settings to see if that works. Any other help welcome
Peter

jtt 12:51 01 Feb 2007

I'm with NTL, and I find that you can send all sorts of different emails (eg yahoo.co.uk) and not just ntl.com. They also allow the use of SMTP addresses other than the NTL one - something that some other ISPs don't allow you to do. So, I suspect that the problem is in the Outlook setup rather than with NTL.

What error message do you get from Outlook?

When you say you can only send ntl.com, are you referring to the end of the email address (eg [email protected]) or the end of the smtp server (eg mail.ntl.com)?

PeterCutting 11:52 02 Feb 2007

jtt,

Got it sorted now Thanks though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache